This go round we have rain lilies, some sort of red legume, and octopods!
I wasn’t quite happy with some of the flower photos in the last batch. I decided to go back to the raw file on this one and try a single exposure HDR. Here is the tone compressed version.
The detail enhancer lives up to its name and brings out more detail in the flowers themselves.
Notice that the purple flowers are now blown out. I also went back and re-imported the original into Photoshop. This is the most natural looking – with the best rendering of the purple flowers (although there are overblown edges even in the original!) – but I still feel that the details within the yellow flowers is difficult to see.
My conclusion is that cloudy bright conditions combined with a naturally low contrast subject created an interesting challenge!
After the initial purples and reds, a new crop of yellow “daisies” has erupted. Plus these spiny desert flowers with hundreds of crickets crawling around. Enjoy! RR